Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summertime

Okay, so I guess I need to do another long update since it's been a long time since the last post.


The week after the last post was extremely busy at work due to people being out and high-level visitors in town for government meetings. I was involved in these and also trying to get things ready to go on vacation to the states. We left to the U.S. where I spent 2 weeks of vacation time with my family and a week of training in DC before coming back to Surabaya.
It was time well spent. I had a great time in Utah which made it a little hard to come back, particularly since my family was still there.


Things I did while in Utah:



  • Temple session in Salt Lake Temple
  • Temple session in American Fork Temple with my wife, we were the  witness couple and my Dad officiated
  • Baptisms for the dead in Salt Lake Temple with my son and nephew
  • Completed the Ragnar Relay, over 190 miles for our team of 12

  • Freedom Run 10K with my son
  • Timponogos Cave with my family and my brother and his family
  • Fishing with my parents and a couple brothers and family - I caught a big trout

  • Set off fireworks
  • Watched parades, one in Provo and one in Lehi
  • Swimming
  • Went to the Manti Pageant with family and friends
  • Sleeping in tent in Manti and battled mosquitoes
  • Saw and slept at my wife's sister's nice new house in Provo
  • In Utah for the birth of my new nephew, who I got to hold a few times
  • Helped lay sod at my brother's
  • Mowed my parent’s lawn a couple times
  • Had a barbeque and home-made ice cream
  • Watched "Uptown Saturday Night"
  • Bought new laptop battery
  • Got some new clothes
  • Bought a new pair of shoes

  • Attended the temple sealing of friends from Salt Lake in the Salt Lake Temple
  • Ate sister-in-law's homemade salsa - mmmm
  • Slept in numerous places, including: parent’s bed, parent’s guest bed, in driver’s seat of rental van, on floor of North Summit High School gym, in tent in friends’ backyard in Manti, in sister-in-law's new house on daybed, in father-in-law’s guest bed, in hotel in DC, in wife’s cousin’s home on air mattress, and of course on the airplane
  • Went to DelTaco drive through for ½ lb. bean and cheese burrito with green sauce
  • Had ice cream from BYU creamery
  • Went on tour of Welfare square with family
  • Attended church at parent’s ward, brother’s ward, sister-in-law’s ward
  • Kids won ice cream and hamburger from gumball machine in restaurant in Manti
  • Played board game with brother and friends
  • Played phase ten with friends and a million mosquitoes in Manti
  • Sunday dinner and chatting with wife’s family
  • Ride up American Fork Canyon to a reservoir and Jeep ride
  • Shakes from Dairy Keen in Heber and Iceberg in Alpine
  • Saw Whitehouse and Renwick Gallery in DC
  • Experienced near freezing temperatures and 90+ degree weather (a little)
  • Spent almost 50 hours actually in the air, not counting time in-between flights, at the gate, going through security and getting to/from the airport
  • Went through about 10 security checks at airports.
  • Drove thousands of miles in rental van
  • Watched Movies in the theater - Kung Fu Panda 2, 17 Miracles
  • Went to Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point
  • Went as a family to Boondocks - played LaserTag, Miniature Golf, Video games together
Am I forgetting something?

It was exhausting and fun and refreshing. Can't wait until next summer!

1 comment:

  1. makes you tired just reading the list. HaHaHa We sure had fun having you and family visit.

    ReplyDelete