Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summertime 2

In the month since I've been back in Surabaya, I have mostly been very occupied with work.
We are extremely busy during the summertime with tourists and people wanting to visit the US for various reasons. There is also a lot more to do when others are out on vacations or travel or transferring to other posts, which usually also happens in the summertime.
Monk
At work for me, this time is also busy because my first employee evaluation is due in August, 1 year after I arrived. This requires a lot of thinking and is critical to my being able to stay in the foreign service in the future, which I definitely want to do.
I am happy to say that after a couple of weeks being by myself in a too quiet home and watching Monk during dinner every night, that my family has returned. It has been amazing having them back. We are now busy getting ready for the kids to start school and planning ahead for the times they are out of school so I can take vacation time wisely.
At Kenjaran in Surabaya
When I have been home with my family we have played games, watched movies, gone to the mall and out to eat, and so on. One special treat since they have not been in school is that each one of my children has come to lunch with me at work once. I loved having them do that. They are all awesome kids.
I have also had fun with a new Ipod touch and I upgraded our internet recently, too.
This month is also Ramadan here in Indonesia so we'll have events like Iftars during the month and then a break at the end of the month when it ends.
Time sure flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment