Sunday, October 31, 2010

Short

The power went out today for 3 hours. It has rained really hard a couple of days this week for a couple of hours and filled up our courtyard with water more than an inch deep. There have been earthquakes and volcanoes but not close enough to us that we have even noticed anything at all, thank goodness. I went to Malang for the first time this week. We went to a consulate Halloween party and my wife and I borrowed a costume from some teachers at our kids' school and went as breakfast: toast and bacon. I also carved a couple of pumpkins for it. We also went swimming at the kids' school in the Olympic-sized swimming pool on Saturday. It really is huge. We all tried out flippers. Believe it or not, it was the first time for me. I have always wanted to use them. It was awesome how fast I could go underneath the water. My son and I would throw out a diving toy to the middle and swim like super-speedy submarines to pick them up. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment