Monday, October 11, 2010

Long

This last week was a long one. We had quite a bit to do at work and my supervisor was out of town the last two days of the week, which sort of increased my load. I fell asleep on the floor at home on Thursday night at 8:00pm. Even though it was very uncomfortable and I kept waking up, I just couldn't get up enough strength to wake up and get off the ground of the family room and go to bed!
After the week it was great to have a long weekend. I get Monday off because it's a federal holiday. On Saturday we took a look around the harbor area of Surabaya, where we haven't been before. It was pretty interesting to see. On Sunday, our branch was watching the General Conference Broadcast from Salt Lake City in Indonesian, so our family stayed home and watched it in English on the internet. We had a guest over, a former federal court judge and his wife who are members of my church and are visiting Indonesia to meet with officials here. And today, my wife and I got to take the kids to school together, go shopping together and visit the Arab quarter of the city together. It was fun to have a long date together. I even met a new friend while we were there!
I am glad for long weekends. I especially like Monday holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment