Sunday, September 19, 2010

All day

There are only a couple new and different things I can think of about this week, besides desperately needing a haircut all week long and not getting one.
One big one is that for a couple of days my supervisor was out of town. This means that I was the only officer in my section for those days and responsible for everything that goes on there and an increased workload. Not like I haven't had plenty to do already, but I had plenty to do! It is pretty fun, though, to always have something going on and to be hopping the whole day long. I would much rather have that than sitting all day long with little to do or just one thing all day long. That can get pretty boring; I know since I've had that at times before. Most days now I am going full tilt from about 7:15 am to 5:15 pm or later and I still have plenty left to do.
So at the end of the day it's nice to come home and have dinner and watch the kids run around and sit for a little while. But then at nights I'm so tired, and since the sun always goes down at around 5:30 pm, by 8:30 or so at night it seems so late and I have a hard time staying awake. Today is Sunday, and definitely not as demanding as other days, but as I sit here typing just before 9:00 pm I am feeling tired and my wife is yawning from across the room. I'm used to the sun going down late in the day when it's hot outside. But here it goes down what seems like early and it's still 85 degrees at 9:00 pm. I am getting used to it, but it still feels a little weird.
Anyway, on a different subject, yesterday we went swimming again and to the mall and watched our first movie at a movie theater here. The seats were very comfy and the movie was 3D and in English. I didn't love the movie, but had fun watching it. I also had this really interesting thing for lunch. It was a couple of pancakes with a piece of crispy fried chicken on top along with some spicy sauce and veggies. It was actually really good. And it was totally a work of art. The kids had pancakes with whipped cream and baked bananas with chocolate sauce and ice cream. Also very good. The restaurant says it's Australian, but, never having been to Australia, I wouldn't really know. I would definitely go back, though. And I will never think of pancakes in exactly the same way.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about that food...
    Wish I was there to give you a haircut. If it makes you feel any better I haven't got a haircut since April!

    ReplyDelete