Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Graduation"

I didn't write at my normal time. I have been rushing around so much it got away from me, not to mention that I am currently 6 time zones away from DC and just crashed on Sunday night instead of writing.
Last week I completed my training, "graduated", from my most recent round of training. I was pretty excited that I even got 100% on my last couple of tests! I also completed 4 on-line courses during the last month.
I packed up all of my things, gave away food and household supplies on Wednesday night. Then right after work on Thursday a friend and member of my church who is also in the foreign service gave me a ride to the airport. I made it there in plenty of time, which was good since after he left I realized that I had left a bag in his car! Luckily I got a hold of him and he came back after a few minutes. I met up with my family in Salt Lake City the next day and then we went on together to Honolulu, where I am now. We went to the Dole Plantation and the Polynesian Cultural Center and went to church meetings and saw the temple and BYU-Hawaii campus and I also made final arrangements for the real reason we were able to come here, for work. I came for consultations, (meetings with just me and I ask questions), with DHS. It's been kind of a whirlwind, but I feel blessed to be able to do my job and come here, and I'm glad that we have made it this far already. So, I guess I'm done with the training phase of my job for now and on to the work phase. Hopefully my training has prepared me because I'm ready to start.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on your training! 100% pretty impressive! Glad you were able to have a little fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete