Monday, August 9, 2010

Boxes

Tuesday everything, except what I can put in my suitcase or work materials I can send in a separate box, was put into boxes to send off to our new home. Some is going by air and some by sea. I'm not really sure when they send it as well as what we have had in storage for the last 11 months, but it will arrive sometime after we do for sure. I was so glad Amy was here for the packing because with her help we were able to do quite a bit before the movers came and she was able to be here while they packed everything since I had to be at work in training when they were coming to do it. Two men came and it only took them about 4 hours.
Then after they left I took Amy to the airport in the boxy car I had rented. Sad to see her go, but good that I'll see her soon enough.
I have spent the rest of the week checking boxes on my huge list of things to do. Thankfully I only have a couple of things left. I sometimes let things pile up at the end and my wife keeps reminding me that I need to spread them out. I probably can't change some addresses, pack, get a haircut, do laundry, and tie up any other loose ends and still get some sleep in one night. Yeah, good point. It's not that I think I can do everything at once, I just always feel like I have more time, or nights, or something. So, we'll see how the week goes.
On Saturday I helped out at a ward service activity. I painted fresh lines for the box and key and all other parts of the outdoor basketball court. I also helped dig out old ground covering under the playground and put new ground covering in. It was a lot of work but also rewarding.
I got a phone call late Friday night and was asked to fill in for someone who couldn't make it and speak in Sacrament meeting today. I hadn't spoken in our ward before today so I guess that I got to check that box, too.
Soon enough the last big box to check will be actually getting on the airplane. So many boxes, so little time.

1 comment:

  1. I never feel like there is enough time! I am sure you are doing great! What an exciting time! Good luck with your last week there!

    ReplyDelete