Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pioneers and airplanes

It took the pioneers months and months to get to the Salt Lake Valley. It took me 6 hours, all inclusive.
I went home to Utah this weekend for a quick trip. It was short, but worth it. It was worth it to see my wife and children again after a couple weeks apart.
We had some fun together. At my parent's ward party we square danced, had 3 legged races, spit seeds, ate, and got sun-burned. We also ate at Cafe Rio and went to the Days-of-47 Rodeo.
It was a good time after a week of intense training and aching to see my family. I feel much better now that I've seen them again. The time is going so fast, though, since there are so many hundreds of little things to do. I hope it goes slow enough that I can get them done and fast enough that it isn't long until I see my family again.
Since I didn't get home until midnight last night, today's 5:00 a.m. alarm came awfully early.
It's pretty interesting to me that flights can be so different to and from the same places. I've been on the direct flight from DC to SLC a few times now and each plane seems to be different. This one had video units in the back of each seat, except the section I was sitting in happened not to be working. On the flight back, there was nothing, not even overhead video. Hmmm...  Oh well, at least they still give me something to drink, (if I'm not asleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment