Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Apart

When I returned for training after the 4th of July my family stayed back with family. I have learned that I feel it the most when I come home after work and it is totally silent in the house all evening long and in the morning until I leave for work. Actually I like quiet, but this is different. It's not good when the only talking you hear is what is going on my head. Every once in a while I realize that I haven't even used my voice for hours and when I do it seems strange to hear it. I love my wife and children and I really love being able to make comments to them when I feel like it and to see their reactions and I love to hear what they have to say. I miss that. I know, we have telephone and Email and chat and Skype now, but for some reason those things are just not the same. But they will have to do for now.
I am starting to get into a routine of all of the little things that need to be done since I am the only one to do them with only a couple of hours to do them each evening. The dishes, the laundry, the clean-up, the lunches, the mail, the shopping, and all of the things that still need to be done to prepare to move.
My training is pretty interesting and I do have time to study. That's a good thing since I have extra on-line classes to do and I also started back in a one-hour a day language course just to keep it somewhat fresh. I started that today. I have forgotten some things, but some things come back surprisingly fast, too.
And finally, after the excruciating heat of last week, we have had a little rain to cool it down slightly. So I guess that after a painful week apart, things are looking just a little better or cooler or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment