Monday, May 17, 2010

Normal?

This week seemed pretty normal: language, area studies, working hard trying to put a new language into my brain.
It was normal, except for a couple of things: shots, White House, and training change.
I had to get shots in both arms! I try not to look on these sorts of things since I don't really like needles poking into me, but I'm pretty sure one of the vaccines was purple and another was red. But maybe it's my imagination. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've been having dreams and daydreams about purple fluid floating throughout my body and it makes me cringe a little. Now that I think about it, I guess it's okay, since I like the color purple. Yes, my arms have now recovered and no, I didn't faint or anything.
I was in the actual White House this weekend! Some friends had tickets for a while and since the others who were going to go with them couldn't, we got to go with them. It was cool to walk inside and see it. It is like a museum but they actually still use it and live there, which makes it even better. They can't tell you whether or not anyone, (like the President), is actually there when you are there, but just about 1/2 hour or so after we left cars were stopped as the presidential motorcade whizzed by on the street right next to us. After the White House, since we were already downtown we decided to take a look at a few other things, some of which we've seen before. We visited the White House Visitor's Center, saw the Bill of Rights, Constitution, Declaration of Independence at the Archives, and went to a few other places. It was pretty fun. We also went later to the Marine Wars Memorial (Iwo Jima) and out near the airport to see the planes take off and the boats on the Potomac. I am grateful of the opportunity to see such amazing things right now. We have a great country.
Things worked out this week on a training schedule change for me so we can leave a couple of weeks sooner so our kids won't miss so much school and a few other good reasons. I'm grateful it's working out. We have been blessed on this change as well as so many other things.
Onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Time is going by so quick! I am glad things are working out so well, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete