Monday, May 3, 2010

May Day!

I was happy to complete my presentation and present it on Tuesday afternoon to my colleagues. I think it went well. I had a lot of good information on volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, mudslides, and so on in the region we are going to live in for the next couple of years. It has plenty of all that. Since the first presentations went long, as soon as mine was done everyone clapped and then split within about 30 seconds without even asking any questions. It's good to have it done so I can again concentrate some more time to language and my family.

I can not believe that April is over! The weeks are flying by. Yesterday was May 1st. The day also known as May Day, but best know in my family as my wedding anniversary. My wife and I have been married for 12 awesome years.

To celebrate this year, we did something out of the ordinary and participated in a race together. We had a lot of fun racing on the same team, "12", in a scavenger-hunt-like race throughout downtown Washington D.C. with over 500 other teams of 2 to 20 or more people each. They gave us 12 clues, then we had to figure out what they were talking about, make our way to each of the clues in whatever order we wanted, take a picture of our whole team at each place, and do it as fast as we could. We walked or ran for miles throughout the city in search of locations we had never heard of in most cases. We didn't win the $750 first prize, but we were close to the top third of teams finishing!

Most importantly for this day, we had a lot of fun on the DC Challenge, got to spend a good part of the day together, and went out to eat afterwards together. We even had a little time at the end to take our kids out with us for some ice cream. A big thanks to our nice friends for being with our kids most of the day!

My wife is a big part of the reason that I can pursue my dreams. She is so supportive of letting me pursue my dreams and what I'm good at. I try every day to think of the ways I can do the same for her. Looking forward to continuing the good times with her. I love my May Day Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment