Monday, December 7, 2009

Paper

The theme this week is paper: paper that I write, paper that I read, paper-back books, paper decorations, paper in my wallet, and paper puzzles.

I spent the week working in an office and helping review and draft and just reading "papers," some interesting, some not as interesting. It makes for long days, especially when I am by far the first one to leave at 5:15 p.m. It was a good experience. I am glad that I feel I was able to contribute in a few ways during the short time I was there and for what I learned from different experiences there. I am also glad that I get to start language training on Monday.


I was tired after the commute every day since it involved walking for 10-15 minutes to the metro, standing on the metro for 20 minutes, and walking another 15-20 to the office. I finished reading a book, Book 2 of the Lord of the Rings, in part during the commute. I regained my speed-walking skills. And I got a little exercise too, just enough for someone recovering from the flu. Oh, my book was made of paper.

There was more tissue paper this week, but I am feeling much better than last week and not sick any more.

In honor of the coming winter and the new snow we had on Saturday, my girls put up paper snowflakes and other winter and holiday pictures up all over the house.

I can't believe how fast our paper money, our cash, goes. This is especially true when I pay for 3 haircuts with it! The haircuts are fine, if not just a little short. It is tough to go to a different person every time I get my hair cut and have to explain how to do it and wonder how it will turn out. I have been spoiled having the same person cut my hair every time before moving here.

Some of the money disappeared for another really good reason; I went on a date with my wife! It was great. It has been a while because of sickness and other reasons. She is great. I love spending time with her. We had fun and got to eat some really good ice cream together.

I also had fun putting together a couple of puzzles this week with my wife and most of my children. I have never done much of that, but it's pretty fun! The one we did over the last couple of days was pretty tough!

2 comments:

  1. I love puzzles, I have been looking for a good one for me and Robbie to do. I'm torn, I feel good that you think you were spoiled with haircuts, but then feel bad that you hate getting your hair cut, I am even more worried about what your hair experience will be like in Indonesia! I'll be there to do your March haircut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny. I love paper of those same kinds! I could spend hours looking at stationery and books...and money, too, I guess!

    ReplyDelete