Monday, February 21, 2011

Still warm

Rice Fields near Poso
Last week I went on a business trip to Central Sulawesi, one of the provinces of Indonesia, and visited the cities of Palu and Poso. I had some interesting experiences there, met lots of people, had fun visiting some schools, met some U.S. Citizens living there, and met a family living there who are the only members of my church in Palu. Sometimes in our church we think it is challenging to have a demanding church calling, a lot of church activities, etc., and it is. But it is also a big challenge to not have any other church members to do anything with and always just being on your own. It was good for them and for me to meet.
Drying cocoa beans by side of road
The whole area has beautiful thick forests, high mountains and the sea. The part of the province near Poso has tons of cocoa trees, rice fields, and fish. There were goats, chickens, some dogs and cats, and people wandering around on almost every street. It was great.
I didn't write about it when I got back because our internet was down all afternoon and evening Sunday when I have time to do it. Then during the week I was sick. I don't like being sick especially since I feel sick enough not to feel like doing anything but not sick enough to not actually do anything.
I gave another talk in church yesterday, but the time was pretty well out by the time my talk came up so I had to cut things down and just share a little and do my best in Indonesian. It's a little more challenging to do that in another language, but luckily a week before I had spent a whole week in Central Sulawesi listening to and speaking with people in Indonesian. My usual daily interactions in Indonesian are much shorter and less in depth so this was a big boost to helping me communicate. The talk worked out fine.
Cool Mosque in Palu
I must be out of practice blogging because I'm having a hard time writing. My apologies to any who read this.
Veggies!




River near Poso

Boats off the shore

Homes over calm water

No comments:

Post a Comment