Sunday, January 16, 2011

Short post

Not sure I have a lot to talk about this week. Things were pretty normal and work was not overly busy. A lot of people missing at church this week; maybe they're all sick? It is still about the same temperature it was when we arrived, just more rainy. The couple of times a day it downpours cools the temperature a little - to about 90 F. I conducted our church meeting in Indonesian today, also. But not much out of the ordinary.

Anyway, one thing I can say for certain is that I love it when my wife comes to my work to have lunch with me. This is one of the unexpected benefits of my wife choosing to be a stay-at-home mom and having all of our children in school. It means that sometimes she can come to my office and have lunch with me. It's the best. This week we went to a place where we have been before called Harvest that has good sandwiches and calm American music playing in the background. We ordered our own sandwiches and we ordered one banana split to share. If you're not really specific about things here you can be surprised. This time was no exception. We ordered our meal and dessert and a few minutes later a huge bowl of bananas, ice cream of different flavors, shavings of chocolate, and whipped cream showed up, . . . before the meal. We both looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and said at the same time, "Well, I guess it's dessert first!" It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment