Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mall Week

Let's hear it for another 4-day week! Tuesday was a holiday, (Islamic New Year), so it felt a little like I had two Mondays this week and two Saturdays. Made for a little disorientation, but I can certainly live with it. For some reason this week was mall week for me. I was there a couple of days this week and several hours altogether. On Saturday, my oldest son and I were there from about 10:00 until about 1:00 and then we went back for a couple of hours that evening! We looked around, ate, got haircuts, got lost, discovered places and stores we didn't know existed. We thought we had entered another dimension or something. We even decided on a whim to try a little fish therapy place in the mall. For less than $3 each we put our feet in a pool for 15 minutes that had ultraviolet light shining in, and the best part, hundreds of little fish that eat the dead skin off your feet. I was the first to put my feet in and within 2 seconds my feet and legs were completely covered in little brown fish who were literally nibbling at my toes. I almost couldn't stand it because it tickled so much. It was decent entertainment, that's for sure. And I'm not sure I've ever cared about this, but I think my feet really are softer and more beautiful like the signs promised! The only troubling thing about it is that I couldn't help get an image in my head of piranhas and how grateful I am that these fish aren't larger, have bigger teeth and like live flesh.
Fish therapy - yummy dead skin!
Okay.
In other news, today I gave my first talk in church in Indonesian. I was assigned to speak for 15 minutes. After writing my talk out and making the Indonesian sound reasonable, I had no idea if it was that long and didn't have time to do anything about it. I only had past experience to go on knowing about what needs to go into a talk to make it that length. I was a little worried when I saw that I was the last speaker since I don't feel I am quite to the level of being really good at flexible with my talk in Indonesian yet. But in the end I had almost exactly 15 minutes to speak--just what I was assigned. And the best part is that my talk with a couple small items added in finished just in time! What's even better is that I think that they even understood me.

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool Marc! I bet you were holding in your laugh too because I know how ticklish you really are!
    Good job on the talk! I bet you did great!
    Love, your sis

    ReplyDelete