Monday, November 23, 2009

Creative and Flexible

The theme this past week had to be creative and flexible.

Four of my days were in workshops that had something to do with that theme. I was even in an actual creative problem solving workshop a couple of days. Added some tools to my pack for getting the creative juices flowing. One idea I liked that is apparently scientifically proven to help with creativity is humor. Sometimes it helps to look at things we are dealing with and find what could be funny in them and laugh at them. I think that's something I can do. It's okay to look at it in a strange way because sometimes that's when new ideas and breakthroughs start to happen. One of my workshops was emergency medical training, which I found out could require a lot of creativity. If some serious situation happens and I don't have splints and bandages readily available, I can create them! It's sounds a little like McGyver, but you can make a splint and bandage out of so many common things, sticks and shirts, etc. I also learned that tourniquets might be making a comeback since it's so much better to save a life than lose a limb. Hmmm. I agree with that but do hope that I don't have to make that choice for someone.

Also, in some big news, I found out late Friday that there is a change in my training schedule and I will be starting language training earlier, in just 2 weeks! I am excited about that.

In other creative news, I went to the National Art Museum and saw an exhibit of armor and helmets from Europe. There were some truly amazing ones there, like the helmet that looked like an animal's head. I loved the exhibit.

It's all about being creative and flexible sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. The National Art Museum exhibit sounds so cool! And how exciting to start the language training so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to go see the exhibit. You are creative and flexible. Glad to know you know what to do if I need some first aid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting to learn, do and see so many cool things! I am envious of all the museums there.

    ReplyDelete